Fall is such a wonderful time of year, 33% of Americans say that it’s their favorite time of year, and while I’m not American, I’m fully in that camp! Here are some fall traditions to make this season wonder-fall for you and your family!
- Visit a farm – there’s something so wonderul about farms in the fall. The combination of the pretty leaves, corn mazes, and fields littered with pumkpins, just fills me with joy. It’s also SO nice being able to go outside and not melt.
2. Go to a pumpkin patch – I love, love, love this time of year. And visiting a pumpkin patch to pick out some cute (crazy expensive :P) pumpkins is a must have.
3. Bonfire Night – 5th of November – Not something that many Americans will celebrate, but being from England means Guy Fawkes Night holds many fond memories for me. We haven’t done much to celebrate in previous years, but this year we’ll be lighting a bonfire, roasting marshmellows, and lighting sprinklers with the girls. If you’re in England, finding a local firework show is a must!
4. Jump in leaves – You’ve got to gather them up anyway, so why not make a nice pile of leaves, put on your wellies and enjoy!
5. Drink hot chocolate – My kiddos would happily drink hot chocolate on the hottest Summer nights, haha. But there’s something extra delightful about enjoying a warming mug of cocoa on a chilly fall evening. If you’re feeling creative, hot chocolate bombs seem to be all the rage at the moment. There are loads of recipes on Pinterest if you want to give them a go.
6. Apple picking – From my experience, this is a pretty quick activity as the excitement wears off after they’ve picked a handful of apples. However, it’s still very fun, and you can enjoy baking up lots of delicious treats with your pickings. Yuo could even look for a pick your own on a farm to make a day trip out of it.
7. Light a fire – This is our first year owning a fireplace, and we cannot wait to light it for the first time, and cosy up in it’s warmth. You could also have a fire in a firepit outside for a similar effect.
8. Roast marshmallows – Light up a fire inside or out and get roasting. You could even make smores!
9. Go for a crisp walk with a hot coffee – Okay, you can definitely do this without the coffee, but I love to take mine along with me! It’s such a great feeling wrapping up and going for a refreshing walk when the weather’s chilly. The kids love it too, and you can talk about all the fall changes you see in nature.
10. Snuggle up and watch a movie, or the football – Weather it’s a friday night movie, or sunday football, your family will love cozy up together.
I hope this gives you some fun ideas for things to do this time of the year, and that you enjoy making many wonderful memories with your family. Let me know below what things you love doing in the fall. If you’d like more traditions for this time of year, check out my Family Halloween Traditions.